From the Trail Life USA announcement email this morning, there will be a series of mini-conferences around the country during 2014. While the exact details may vary slightly from location to location (due to availability of speakers, local “wish list” items for agenda, etc.) a picture of what you could expect has been provided.
Regional Trail Leader Training (TLT) Conferences are designed to:
- Prepare adult Troop Leaders to lead effectively
- Inform and support adult volunteers—Troop Committee members and “direct contact leaders”
- Provide potential/pre-chartered troops with resources and information about getting started
- Connect you with peers from other nearby Troops
- Find support from your Area Team
- Get the latest organizational news & information
- Ask and answer questions
- Friday evening and Saturday morning general sessions
- Breakout sessions on Saturday to address specific needs
- Specific topics will be announced, such as TroopTrack administration, Legal issues, Youth Protection Training, Leader recruitment & Training, Program development, and other topics
- Reception & sessions for Pastors and potential/ pre-chartered Troops
Conference Fees/ Accommodations:
- Registration will be handled by Trail Life USA (national) and will cover all conference events
- Registration fees will include Friday evening dinner/ reception & Saturday box lunch
- Accommodations will be by attendee and are not included in Conference Registration
The conference will include at least one Trail Life Board member, plus Executive and Administrative staff. The preliminary schedule includes speakers such as:
- Rob Green- Trail Life USA National Director of Field Operations
- Mark Hancock, Trail Life USA Chief Operating Officer
- Shawn Anderson and Jeff Hudson- Trail Life USA Board members
- Carolyn Culbertson- Trail Life Field Operations Specialist
Volunteers of every experience level are welcome—whether you are brand new or a seasoned veteran, this conference is designed for you!
Some dates are still being finalized but regional training weekends are planned for:
- Winston-Salem (NC) April 11-12,
- Nashville (TN) May 10-11,
- Atlanta (GA) June 27-28,
- Springfield (VA) July 18-19,
- Cincinnati (OH) July 25-26,
- Sacramento (CA) August 8-9,
- Waco (TX) August 15-16,
- Portland (OR) Sept 12-13,
- and more!
Trail Life will host a centralized registration site in the near future — so keep an eye on the Trail Life USA web site.
—UPDATE, MARCH 3rd, 2014 —
The registration site at Trail Life USA is now active!
The April 11-12 event in Winston-Salem, NC is the only event currently open for registration. The others will follow soon.
The registration fee ($59pp) includes meals, all events, a t-shirt, and a commemorative item.
Speaker Biography information
—UPDATE, MARCH 3rd, 2014—
Having attended the National Conference last September, I know that the TLUSA team will do a great job, and that if you can make it to one of these sessions, you’ll find it helpful with much to take back to your unit and area.